RESOURCES, INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES
The Institute is prominently located on the Pune-Aurangabad State Highway, which gives easy access to students and visitors. The physical facilities of the Institute include the open space and the building. It is owned and maintained by B.P.H.E. Society.
The total campus area is 3.62 acres which is shared with another sister institute, namely, Institute of Management Studies, Career Development and Research (IMS-CD&R). The building of this Institute was constructed with the support from World Neighbors (USA). The physical facilities of this Institute include the Academic Block, Hostel for Girls and Boys, Cafeteria, Dinning Hall, Recreation Hall, Sports Ground, etc.
Use of green energy has made the Institute unique in Ahmednagar city. In the first phase 5 KW Wind Solar Hybrid System was installed in July 2011 which guaranteed uninterrupted power back up in all the classrooms. In the second phase, 10 KW solar power generation system was installed in April 2018 which will generate electricity during the day time and feed the same to the MSEB power grid system. This will have huge saving on MSEB electricity bill. The Institute is now enabled to meet its entire power requirement by its of wind solar power generation system. Thus the Institute has set a role model of 100 percent green campus to all educational institutions int he district.
(a) Resources for Academic Activities:
The Institute has sufficient infrastructural facilities available for academic activities. The structure of the building is such that it provides enough space for conducting multiple academic activities. It is a three storied building with a spacious ground floor. The infrastructure for academic activities is as follows:
- Classrooms: The Institute has the privilege of having spacious classrooms equipped with various
teaching-learning aids which include audiovisual equipments, blackboards, whiteboards, LCD projectors, etc. There are total six classrooms (04 large classrooms with a capacity of 65 students and two small classrooms with a capacity of 15 students). The time-table of the academic programme is arranged in such a way that all the courses get accommodated. All the classrooms have uninterrupted power supply from Wind/Solar generator.
- Library and Reading Room: The Institute has well-furnished, specialized library and reading room. The library has more than 10,000 volumes in English, Marathi and Hindi. Since the library has open access system, the book racks are arranged in such a way that the users can comfortably move and access the required material. The reading room and computer lab is adjacent to the library. The library has a separate reference room as well. The reading room has a comfortable seating arrangement for 40 students at a time.
- Conference Hall: The Institute has a well-furnished conference hall with a seating capacity of 60 persons. It is used for academic seminars, workshops and conferences. This hall was developed during the Golden Jubilee year, and it is named after Prof. T. Barnabas, the first Principal of Ahmednagar College, who played a prominent role in the establishment of this Institute.
- Training Hall: The training hall with a capacity of 50 participants is also available for academic activities. It is used for the purpose of conducting trainings and workshops.
- CCTV Surveillance: The classrooms, administrative offices, library, quadrangle and the institute campus are all under the surveillance of CCTV cameras to avoid security issues.
- Faculty rooms: The Institute has independent rooms for each faculty to conduct field work supervisory conferences and provide individual consultation to students and research scholars.
- Hostel: In order to facilitate learning, the Institute has hostel facility for both boys and girls. Boys’ hostel is in the CSRD campus, and Girls’ hostel, at present, is located at the Ahmednagar College campus across the highway. The hostel has a capacity to provide accommodation to 110 boys and 30 girls. Both the hostels have solar water heating systems, drinking water and other essential facilities. It is also connected with Wi-Fi connection.
- Collaboration with International Universities: CSRD-ISWR has a collaboration with the University of North Carolina, USA, through which student and faculty exchange programmes are facilitated for knowledge sharing, joint research programmes and action projects.
(b) Facilities for Co-curricular Activities
In order to facilitate the academic activities in the Institute, the following infrastructure is available for co-curricular activities:
- Computer and Internet Facilities: The Institute has an independent space for computer and internet facility. There are internet-enabled PCs. The computer and internet facility is available for students, research scholars and faculty members.
- Wi–Fi Campus: The premises of the Institute is Wi-fi-enabled where students can use the internet on their laptops for study purpose.
- Transportation Facility: The Institute has its own bus for the smooth functioning of its academic activities, especially fieldwork. The students are provided transportation facility to reach their fieldwork areas.
- Auditorium: The spacious auditorium with the capacity of 300 persons is available for co-curricular activities like cultural programmes, special lectures, meetings and conferences.
- Child Guidance and Counselling Centre (CGCC): The Child Guidance and Day Care Centre has its activities at two locations i.e. at the Institute campus and at Anand Sadan. The building of Anand Sadan is located in the heart of the city on Chitale Road, near Gandhi Maidan, Ahmednagar. Both these places have essential facilities to conduct the activities for children.
(c) Extra–curricular Activities and Sports
- Common Room: There is a common room facility for both boys and girls. The common room for girls is available in the academic building, and for boys it is in the Gents’ Hostel. The common rooms are well-furnished to fulfill the basic requirements of the day scholars.
- Sports and Recreational Facilities: The Institute has sports as well as recreational facilities, with DTH, etc., for its students, staff and faculty. Indoor games like table tennis, carom, chess, etc., are made available in the multi facility recreation hall. For outdoor games, volleyball and badminton court is available on the campus. Students can also use the playground of Ahmednagar College for playing football, basketball and other games.
- Cafeteria and Dining Hall: The Institute has two canteens within its campus. The canteens provide snacks, refreshments and meals for students and staff. There is also Dining Hall facility for students, which is managed by the Dining Hall Committee, consisting of students and staff.
- Health Room: Health Care Centre is available in the Institute. The Institute has appointed a medical officer who is available 24X7 on the call, and he visits the Institute every Tuesday and Friday. First-aid box is available in the health care centre.
- Parking Facility: Four-wheeler parking space is available for faculty, staff and visitors. For students, parking facility is provided for two-wheelers