Assessment for Selection (Total Marks 150)
The selection procedure will be held at the Centre for Studies in Rural Development – Institute of Social Work and Research, Ahmednagar. Those satisfying the eligibility requirements will be assessed for selection through the following:
(a) Academic Background: Academic background is considered for the selection of the candidates. Academic performance is verified during the interview. However, high academic achievement is not the only criterion on which the candidate will be selected.
(b) Written Test (50 Marks): The written test will be for 100 marks, out of which 35 marks are for objective type questions on general awareness, logical reasoning and language skills, and 15 marks for comprehension and short answer questions on contemporary social issues / problems. The written test (WT) aims at assessment of knowledge about contemporary issues in the field, and sensitivity to social issues, expressed through written analysis in English/ Marathi. The test also aims at assessing candidates’ knowledge of English which is the medium of instruction of the MSW course.
(c) Group Discussion (20 marks): Those candidates who qualify the written test shall be called for Group discussion and panel interview. The purpose of Group Discussion is determining a candidate’s ability to effectively communicate and also to assess his/her ability to express opinion on any social issue and contribute their ideas towards a meaningful group discussion. Every candidate will be participating in group discussion in a group of 10 – 12 candidates. Time allotted will be 40 minutes.
(d) Personal Interview (70 Marks): The purpose of personal interview is to find out the candidate’s interest in and aptitude for social work, experience of helping people, etc. Candidates are interviewed based on the details mentioned in application form and autobiographical statement submitted. The candidate is expected to be acquainted with the programme for which he/she has applied for, as questions may be asked on the topic during the personal interview.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SELECTION
The list of candidates selected will be displayed on the Institute’s notice board and website. It is the responsibility of the candidate to find out whether he/she has been selected or not. Results can also be confirmed telephonically on 0241-2346328/2327258
The MSW Programmes will commence on 16 July 2018
AFTER SELECTION FORMALITIES
- Acceptance Letter: An acceptance letter should be obtained, signed and returned to the Office Superintendent within prescribed date, if admission is accepted.
- Verification of Original Documents: The verification of original documents will be carried out between prescribed date, from 10.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and from 2.30 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. The selected candidates must produce the following documents for verification, in original, at the time of admission. If a candidate has submitted his/her original documents like certificates, mark-sheet, etc., to a college/university for re-evaluation or for any other purpose, he/she is required to produce a letter from the college/ university authority addressed to the Director of the Institute clearly indicating that the candidate’s original documents, as stated above, have been retained by the college/ university for a specific purpose.
- Payment of Fees: The full fees and deposits of the first year should be paid in Bank through Chelan obtained from the office, or by a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Director, CSRD, Ahmednagar payable at Ahmednagar. The candidates are required to submit the cash or demand draft of the requisite amount towards first year fees and deposits at the time of verification of original documents. Otherwise, the admission will be treated as automatically cancelled. Bank timings are 10.30 to 3.00 p.m.
Payment of MSW First year Fees and Deposits (in Rupees) are as follows:
|Particulars||Granted Division||Non-Granted Division|
Original Documents Required For Verification
(i) Graduation Mark-sheet/Documentary proof of appeared for final exam if result is awaited;
(ii) Transfer Certificate from the earlier college.
(iii) No Objection Certificate from the employer, if employed;
(iv) Baptism certificate (only for Christian minority)/Caste/Tribe Certificate for SCs and STs;
(v) Income Certificate of the preceding financial year (only for SCs and STs who are eligible for GoI Post-Matric Scholarship);
(vi) Certificate of disability (if applicable);
(vii) Certificates of extra-curricular activities, if any.
(a) If any of the above documents in original are not produced for verification, or if the copies of the document attached to the Application form do not tally with the original documents, provisional selection will be immediately cancelled.
(b) Admission will be subject to the fulfillment of the eligibility requirements as confirmed through verification of original certificates, mark-sheets, etc.
(c) Original documents for verification will not be accepted by Post or courier service. They have to be presented by the candidate or by his/her authorized representative.
- Joining the Programme: Those who have accepted admission by paying the full fees and deposits are expected to join the programme as per the scheduled date. Admission of those who have paid the fees and deposits but fail to join by the prescribed date will automatically be cancelled.
- Refund of Fees: Fees once paid will be refunded as per the Savitribai Phule Pune University’s rules.
- Separate hostels are available for men and women. However, the number of available hostel seats is limited. Therefore, it is not possible for the Institute to provide hostel accommodation to all the outstation candidates selected for the Master’s Degree Programmes of the Institute. Outstation candidates, requiring hostel accommodation, should check hostel allotment status from the Office Superintendent of the Institute. The Institute reserves the right to decide admission to its hostels and can refuse admission to the hostel without assigning any reason.
Please note that candidates cannot claim hostel accommodation, merely because they have submitted the hostel form or obtained admission or paid fees in full.
- Identity Card: The selected candidates should give 4 recent stamp size photographs for issue of Identity Card, at the time of verification of original documents, to the office.