Vision, Mission, Objectives and the Guiding principles
The Vision, Mission, Objectives and the Guiding principles of BPHES’ CSRD ISWR, Ahmednagar are the following:
The vision of the BPHE Society since its inception is reflected in its three mottos:
‘Not things, but men’
‘I dare you’
‘Ye shall know the truth’
The mission of the Centre for Studies in Rural Development-Institute of Social Work and Research is to provide equal opportunities for quality education to create responsible citizenship, effective leadership, efficient and well-informed personnel to undertake responsibilities in the fields of community development and participate in the process of nation building.
- Organize teaching in the areas of social work, rural development, human resource management and allied fields;
- Undertake research to promote the development of knowledge and to contribute to policies and programmes;
- Disseminate knowledge through print, audio-visual and electronic media and various indigenous forms;
- Conduct training programmes for lifelong and continuing education;
- Undertake innovative field action projects in relevant areas to develop new approaches and strategies;
- Engage in relief, rehabilitation and development initiatives to address human suffering caused by natural and human-made disasters;
- Network with Government, non-government agencies and other academic institutions; and
- Undertake corporate advocacy and consultancy on relevant issues.
The CSRD- Institute of Social Work is guided by the following principles and values:
- Appreciation of and respect for freedom of expression and cultural as well as ideological diversity;
- Equal opportunities to all and non-discrimination;
- Accountability and transparency in all work matters;
- Collective, participatory and non-hierarchical decision making;
- Participatory and experiential teaching-learning methodology for fostering dialogue, mutual learning and critical reflection;
- Working in collaboration, co-operation and team work; and
- Creation of an enabling environment that fosters teamwork, co-operation and mutual support.